Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Reflection: Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas


Throughout our course at Walden, we discovered ways to implement new ideas and approach to teaching NETS-S standards through the establishment of a GAME plan. A GAME in this case is used to outline different steps towards working towards a goal. For my own GAME plan, I wanted to increase my knowledge and confidence in is Model Digital-Age Work and Learning, which would be helping me to discover more ways to use different technology tools within my teaching such as using other teachers as models from which to learn and in the establishment of my own blog to use with my teaching. In using the GAME plan approach to this topic, I have taken steps throughout this course to achieve my goals. With this goal, I have really discovered the many different tools that are available to us as teachers as well as for our students (blogs, digital storytelling, facilitating online collaboration). I am excited to begin to implement some of these into my own teaching. The educational service that I work for has many tools that I can use with the students that I work with. I plan on looking into using some of these as a way to enhance my teaching with my students.

The second part of my GAME plan approach dealt with increasing my professional development with the vast amount of opportunities that are available to me through my district as well as on the internet through educational blogs and articles. I have not achieved this portion of my plan as many seminars and lecture begin in the fall. I have however subscribed to some of the different blogs on the internet and have found useful information for my teaching through them. In a way, subscribing to and reading through my colleagues posts from my course at Walden have broadened my horizons and provided me with new and exciting information with real life examples and experiences. I intend to take this knowledge and excitements and ignite excitement for learning with my own students.

No comments:

Post a Comment