Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Using the GAME Plan Process with My Students


Throughout my course at Walden, I learned about different ways to integrate technology into my teaching. As a part of this we worked with NETS-S standards and established a GAME plan to take this process step by step. As a part of my GAME plan, I wanted to begin to familiarize myself with the technology tools that are available within some of the schools that I work in as well as future schools that I will be placed in. As a part of my GAME plan, I plan to observe teachers and do some research online trying out different technology tools and instruments. I have already obtained a lot of knowledge from my course and have explore using some of these tools so I will know how to use them with my own students and teaching. As the school year approaches, I plan to find different teachers who are experienced with different technology tools and have really tried to incorporate as much technology as they can into their classrooms. I think that by learning from them, I can also share my knowledge with others. The second portion of my GAME plan, I plan to attend some professional development courses to enhance my knowledge in different aspects of teaching. I plan to make time for these seminars in order to help my students as well as other teachers that I work with.

In using a GAME plan approach to the NETS-S standards, it will help my students become better acquainted with the different types of technology in classrooms. Helping students learn to become 21st Century literate and learn to communicate are some of the major parts of the NETS-S standards. I hope that by take a GAME plan approach to becoming more proficient in these standards, it will in turn help my students learn as well. Using the GAME plan approach would also be helpful for students to accomplish their own goals in and easy to follow step by step way. It will help to make tasks seem less daunting as they focus on one step at a time. This can be used in many different areas of teaching. I hope to use the GAME plan approach with the students that I work with this upcoming fall. Using these standards and the GAME plan approach will help my students become more proficient and be better prepared for the 21st century teaching and learning.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the students will benefit from setting their own goals. Especially when it comes to technology. Right now, it is important that students are learning about technology so that they can be prepared for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy,

    First I would just like to say that I have enjoyed following your blog and reading your weekly posts about your game plan! I love the look of your blog page and it aways draws me into wanting to read your posts! Thanks!!

    Goals are often hard for students to make. They struggle looking at the “big” picture! I think the game plan will help to make tasks seem less daunting as they focus on one step at a time. I agree with Jaxqueline that technology goals are especially important right now. Good Luck at implementing your game plan approach this fall!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete