Wednesday, August 4, 2010

GAME Plan Progress


Reading back through my blog posts, I realized that I have been slowly moving towards my goals. In the beginning of developing my GAME plan, I discussed using a blog to host different activities and websites for practice with different topics for my students. I wanted to better acquaint myself with different technological tools even if I am not using them on a daily basis (such as an interactive whiteboard, Elmo…). The second part of my game plan was geared more towards professional development and working towards fitting more of this into my schedule. I have been looking for different opportunities to take on when the school year starts. I want to be able to share my knowledge that I gain from these opportunities with my fellow teachers. As the school year approaches, I will most likely revise my GAME plan slightly depending on the amount of students I am able to take on for this may impact the time and dedication I have to finishing these goals.


As I am not quite ready to set any new goals, taking this GAME plan approach will help me in the future with other endeavors I may take on. This approach to setting goals and taking them step by step in order to achieve them is a very logical method. I will most likely be using this method when I would like to accomplish a task as the idea of goal setting helps you to feel more accomplished and is an easy way to actually do the tasks you only talk about. There is so much that I am learning about through these courses, I feel that I am already on my way to helping others make changes and enhancements in their classrooms.

3 comments:

  1. Chrissy~

    Funny how we have good intentions that fall short and need revision once the situation is at hand. I was getting excited about my new school and assignment until I walked into my new classroom and stepped back in time...about 30 years back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissy,
    I like how you want to share what you are learning with your peers. Too often we find we dont have the knowledge or time to learn new skills, and sitting through a long class is often not an option. It is frustrating to have all this new 'knowledge' and not be able to use it (lack of access) or share it. Keep up the positive attitude!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissy,

    Our goals that we established for learning about technology and technology resources are the same! It seems that we are in the same place too! Slowly moving towards our goals. I think that right now school starting is slowing everyone down a bit. Creating and working on a GAME plan has been difficult during the summer months. I think that we will all be revising our plan as the year starts!

    I really like that you are excited to help others make changes in their classrooms! Your excitement is very apparent and I share it! Good Luck!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete