Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Continuing on with my GAME Plan

In order to carry out my GAME plan for strengthening my knowledge and confidence in Model Digital-Age Work and Learning, I have begun to reflect on what I might do to improve my knowledge in this area. Since I do not have my own classroom in which have my own interactive whiteboard or computers for which students can learn from. I also will not know my placements for the upcoming school year until it gets closer to the beginning of the year. However with my teaching situation as a Consultant teacher and Tutor, I am thinking of establishing a blog which will have different resources of review games or information that students can use when they are not directly working with me. Parents can use it as a source for perhaps over the summer for students to refresh their memories of content area material. I have been collecting different sources of information from Jeopardy games and websites from my classes at Walden and from other teachers. As I collect this information, I need to come up with an organizational method for putting them into a blog. When the school year begins, I will take advantage of being in classrooms where teachers integrate technology and take note and learn from this.

For the other part of my GAME plan, Engaging in Profession Growth and Leadership, I have been looking through the different opportunities that are offered in my district through the Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES). I receive many emails have need to figure out which will benefit my teaching situation and convenient times and dates. I will look into this more instead of ignoring the emails as they can truly be very beneficial to teaching as the world of education is constantly evolving.

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot of us are in the same boat, not sure of our placement for the upcoming school year. I am pretty much doing some similar things, like gathering resources which will help me regardless of where I wind up.

    ReplyDelete